DSM is committed to safety. With that in mind, we have adjusted our safety operations and continue to update procedures to keep employees and travelers safe during the pandemic. DSM is following guidance provided by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Iowa Department of Public Health, and industry leaders to minimize the spread of COVID-19 at the airport. Here are several measures we have implemented to keep our facility clean and to maximize opportunities for safety.
- Increased use of disinfectant and cleaning high touch areas, like ticketing kiosks, handrails, elevator buttons, escalators, restroom doors, etc.
- Increased hand sanitizer stations throughout the terminal for passengers.
- Posted personal hygiene educational signage throughout the airport.
- Requiring face coverings for travelers per city mandate; face coverings are required on all airlines operating out of DSM.
- Installed plexiglass barriers to protect travelers and employees.
- Constant coordination with our airline and tenant partners to monitor and address changes in the status of our region’s health.
Airlines Take Action - COVID-19 Response
The safety and wellbeing of passengers and employees is the top priority of U.S. airlines. Each airline serving DSM is implementing several safety measures from check-in to touchdown. Learn more about each airline's safety plans on their websites.