COVID-19 Travel and Testing Information
Domestic and international COVID-19 testing and vaccination requirements for air travel are regularly changing. For the most up-to-date information, please visit one of these credible websites to know the travel requirements.
Federal law requires wearing a mask at all times in and on the airport and failure to comply may result in removal and denial of re-entry. Refusing to wear a mask in or on the airport is a violation of federal law; individuals may be subject to penalties under federal law. Be advised, masks must meet CDC mask guidelines.
DSM is committed to safety. With that in mind, we have adjusted our safety operations and continue to update procedures to keep employees and travelers safe during the pandemic. DSM is following guidance provided by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Iowa Department of Public Health, and industry leaders to minimize the spread of COVID-19 at the airport.
Mask up for your safety and for the safety of those around you.
Here are several measures we have implemented to keep our facility clean and to maximize opportunities for safety.
- Increased use of disinfectant and cleaning high touch areas, like ticketing kiosks, handrails, elevator buttons, escalators, restroom doors, etc.
- Requiring face coverings for travelers per federal mandate; face coverings are required on all airlines operating out of DSM.
- Increased hand sanitizer stations throughout the terminal for passengers.
- Posted personal hygiene educational signage throughout the airport.
- Installed plexiglass barriers to protect travelers and employees.
- Constant coordination with our airline and tenant partners to monitor and address changes in the status of our region’s health.
Airlines Take Action - COVID-19 Response
The safety and wellbeing of passengers and employees is the top priority of U.S. airlines. Each airline serving DSM is implementing several safety measures from check-in to touchdown. Learn more about each airline's safety plans on their websites.