Lost & Found
- For items lost on an aircraft, please contact your airline.
- For items lost in a rental car, please contact the rental car company.
- If your item was lost at the Airport or TSA Checkpoint, please complete a Lost Item Report and you will be notified by the Des Moines Airport Authority if the item is found.
Des Moines Airport Authority Rules for Found Items:
- The following items will be disposed of immediately: food and beverage items; all items that have a foul odor; all items related to vaping and smoking; and items deemed to be unsanitary.
- Items which are deemed to have been clearly abandoned will be considered as such and disposed of by Des Moines Airport Authority personnel immediately.
- Any items which could be designated as weapons or drugs will be turned over to the Des Moines Police Department.
- Items that have been turned in to the Des Moines Airport Authority (other than those stated above) will be kept for 60 days from when they are found.
- The Des Moines Airport Authority is not responsible for any damages to the item or shipping charges incurred in sending the item to the rightful owner.
Picking up a Lost Item from the Des Moines Airport Authority during the Pandemic
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, items can only be picked up by appointment. Please call 515-256-5100 to set up an appointment. Masks are required when picking up an item.